Young People studying Psychology are encouraged to send the abstract for the workshop.
Deadline approaching: 06 November 2011.
More information below:
Martin Chautari (MC) is organizing a Workshop of Young Researchers in Kathmandu, Nepal on 2-3 January 2012 (18-19 Paush 2068). This workshop has two main objectives: (i) to promote research culture in the humanities and social science disciplines in Nepal and (ii) to promote young researchers’ work in the public domain with respect to important socio-political issues of Nepali society. MC invites submission of abstracts of research papers done in any social science/humanities discipline from eligible researcher who have already completed their research and have a near final draft of their write-up based on that research.
- Age: Preference will be given to researchers who are under 35 years of age as of 1 January 2012; exceptions will be made for those with little prior experience of presenting academic papers in workshops/conferences.
- Nationality: Preference will be given to Nepali nationals; however, non-Nepali young researchers are also welcome to submit abstracts.
- Group research: In the case of group research, the lead researcher and paper presenter should meet the criteria of eligibility.
- The theme of the research should be related to Nepal; comparative work is also welcome provided that the Nepal-related content is substantial.
- Abstract text: Abstracts (not exceeding 500 words) can be written in either Nepali or English, the two languages in which panels will be organized in this Workshop. The title of the proposed paper and its main arguments/findings must be clearly stated in the abstract.
- CV: A 1-page (max.) curriculum vitae (CV) of the researcher(s) should also be submitted. Contact details and prior college/university-level education and research experiences and publications should be highlighted.
- The abstract and the CV should be sent as one soft file by email to conference; and also please cc to devenuprety and harsha.maharjan or sent by post to Martin Chautari, GPO Box 13470, Kathmandu; or hand delivered to the office of Martin Chautari, 27 Jeet Jung Marg, Thapathali, Kathmandu.
- Deadline: 5pm, 6 Nov 2011 (20 Kartik 2068).
- Decision on the submitted abstracts will be conveyed by email by 13 Nov 2011 (27 Kartik 2068). The full paper to be presented (max. 7,000 words) should be submitted by 4 December 2011 (18 Mangsir 2068).
- No remuneration will be provided. However, outstanding papers can be submitted to Martin Chautari publications.
More details about the workshop can be obtained from: Kailash Rai, Sita Bhattarai, Harsha Man Maharjan, Gaurav K.C, and Devendra Uprety, co-conveners, Workshop of Young Researchers-2012
27 Jeet Jung Marg
Thapathali, Kathmandu , Nepal
Tel: 4238050, 4240243, 4102027