- Panna Lal Pradhan was the first Nepali to do PhD in psychology from University of Oregon in 1962.
- Sarala Thapa was the first chairperson of MA program at the Central Department of Psychology in Tribhuvan University in 1980.
- Sarvagya Narayan Shrestha founded Nepalese Psychological Association (NPA) in 1982 and Central Association of Psychology (CAP) in 2000.
- Ayan Bahadur Shrestha is the most popular Nepali psychologist who has published many psychology related books in Nepali language. Manobigyan ka rochak Tathya haru was the best seller in 1990s.
- Murari Prasad Regmi is the most published Nepali psychologist who has authored and co-authored over 40 research articles in national and international journals.
- Minakshi Nepal is the first Nepali female psychologist to do PhD in Psychology from Banaras Hindu University, India in 1977.
- Madhav Bahadur Singh Karki and Bhuwan Lal Joshi were the first psychologists to serve at Public Service Commission of Nepal Government.
- Shanta Niraula is the current chairperson of the Psychology Department in Kirtipur.
- Sabitri Sthapit is the president of Nepalese Psychological Association (NPA), newly formed professional association of Nepali psychologists in 2015.
- Bhava Poudyal is an internationally renowned Nepali psychologist working in the humanitarian settings.
Note: Thanks to Shishir Subba sir to correct the information in no. 6, which was stated otherwise. (June 16, 2016- 3:55pm)